Monday, March 7, 2011

Re: An interesting life

very impressive profile!  I got to learn something that I didn't know before. All along I believed Cho was the only one who daringly published against Indira's emergency rule as she stifled every publisher/editor but not Cho. I now understand there was another great person who did something similar with a true sense of nationalism.

The mention of his father in law Sathyamoorthy immediately reminds us of the freedom struggle. I am nostalgic of Mala's father who was closely associated with him in the forties.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Our condolences to your family.
TTV Raghavan


From: P.V. Balakrishnan <sundar@u.washington.edu>
To: pvsundar.drbs-world@blogger.com
Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 11:13:32 PM
Subject: An interesting life

My grand uncle K. Krishnamurthy passed away recently.  His obituary is in The Hindu. You may enjoy reading it as he had an interesting life.

http://www.hindu.com/2011/03/07/stories/2011030755801100.htm

           

            PS. I got to meet R.K. Narayan, the eminent author, courtesy of him.

Best,

P.V. (Sundar) Balakrishnan

 


No comments:

Post a Comment